top of page



Rays of Freedom provides essential client immigration services at low cost as well as community outreach.


-What is Family Petition? Do I qualify?  Under current immigration law, U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents can sponsor certain family members for a visa that provides permanent residence, also known as a “green card.”

  • Spouses of U.S. citizens.

  • Unmarried children under 21 of U.S. citizens.

  • Orphans adopted abroad.

  • Orphans to be adopted in the U.S., by U.S. citizens.

  • Parents of U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years old.

  •  Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, their spouses and their children.

  • Spouses, minor children and unmarried sons and daughters over 21 of LPR

  • married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children. 

  • Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided the U.S. citizens are at least 21 years old.


-What is political ASYLUM? Do I qualify? 

Political asylum is a form of protection that allows aliens to remain in the United States. This protection prevents them from being deported to their country of origin where they fear being harmed or persecuted.

Aliens can qualify for political asylum in the USA if they can prove that they are persecuted in their country of origin for any of the following reasons:

Also, applicants can only apply for asylum if they are physically present in the US and are not US citizens.

  • Race

  • Religion

  • Nationality

  • Political opinion

  • Membership in a particular social group.

-What is Residency? Do I qualify?: refers to a foreign national's legal status in the U.S. where she/he is not a citizen. To apply for a Green Card, you must be eligible under one of the categories listed below.

  • Through family

  • Through employment

  • As a special immigrant (religious worker, Special Immigrant Juvenile, Afghanistan or Iraq
    national, International broadcaster, Employee of an international organization or family member or NATO-6 employee or family member.

  • Through Refugee or Asylee Status

  • For human Trafficking and Crime Victims

  • For Victima of Abuse

-Wat is VAWA? Do I qualify? The VAWA program seeks to protect foreign nationals who are victims of battery or extreme cruelty. Although the VAWA visa is defined as a violence against women law, the VAWA program also protects men.

  • If you are or were an abused spouse, children or parent of a U.S citizen or lawful permanent resident.

  • All victims can obtain legal status without the need for the abuser’s participation through self-petition.

This program is one of the paths to obtain a Green Card and become a lawful permanent resident in the United States.

-What is U Visa? Do I qualify?: U visas are a form of immigration benefits for survivors of certain crimes (Abusive, Sexual Contact, Domestic Violence, Felonies Assault, stalking and more) who have been helpful in the investigation or prosecution of that crime.

  • You have been the victim of a qualifying criminal act.

  • You suffered physical or mental abuse due to the criminal act.

  • You were helpful, are being helpful, or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement agencies in the criminal investigation or prosecution of the criminal act.

  • If you are under 16 or unable to provide information because of a disability, your parent, legal representative, or guardian can help officers on your behalf.

-Consular processing:

  • People who are beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition and an immigrant visa number is immediately available to you, there are two ways to apply for lawful permanent resident status. If you are outside of the United States, you may apply at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to come to the United States and be admitted as a permanent resident.

-What is Citizenship? Do I qualify?: Becoming a citizen through naturalization is a process in which a non-U.S. citizen voluntarily becomes an American citizen. 

  • Permanent residents are eligible to naturalize. 

  • You must be at least 18 years old and have been a permanent resident for the past 5 years.

  •  If you are married and living with the same U.S citizen for the past 3 years.

  • If you are serving to US military.

  • If you are the child of US citizen.

-How to become an American Citizen if you have a disability?

  • Medical disability: those with a physical disability or a mental disorder must file with USCIS Form N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions (completed by your corresponding physician).

-Adjustment of status: For aliens to be eligible for an adjustment of status, they must be:

  • Physically present in the United States

  • Have an immediately available immigrant visa

  • Be admissible to the US

  • Have entered the country lawfully

  • Aliens who are inadmissible or have violated certain immigration laws may be eligible to apply for a waiver of these violations in conjunction with their application for adjustment of status.


-Others as needed.

"You may be a US citizen"

ROF follows the HHS Federal Poverty Guidelines which allow us to request for fee waivers for those that cannot afford immigration fees.



Welcome to United States
US Citizenship
bottom of page